Tarmac driveways are one of the most popular driveway options we supply. They have a range of benefits, and doesn’t tend to be too expensive, which makes it a very popular option for driveways.
Tarmac: the advantages
Tarmac is becoming an increasingly popular choice for driveways. This is mainly due to the many benefits of choosing this driveway option:
- Easy to install – unlike pavement or concrete, as it can usually be laid directly onto any existing surface whereas the other materials require a full depth bedding layer before work can even begin, although if you have a lawn this will need to be removed beforehand.
- Very quick to lay – a professional will mix the tarmac at a high temperature in a proper paving machine and usually get the job done in a matter of hours – which means less disruption for you and any other road or path users who might be affected.
- Long lasting and incredibly strong and durable – tarmac is particularly resilient to the weight of heavy vehicles or traffic flow that can otherwise crack or cause breaks in paving and concrete.
- Impermeable – and thus able to offer resistance against any significant water damage that can cause a front lawn to flood – involving a long clean-up job afterwards.
- Cheap and easy to maintain – any scratches or dents can be quickly repaired by you or a professional with the correct polish, and even if your driveway suffers extensively you can add a new tarmac layer directly onto the old one – saving you the worry of excavation costs!
- Easy to edge with other materials – such as clay tiles, stone or brickwork, for a neat and attractive finish to your driveway.
- Weather resistant – come rain or shine, your tarmac driveway will stay looking as good as new for many years to come!
Please view our gallery to see a range of our previous tarmac projects.