Below is a list of ways you can maintain your deck yourself!
- Sweep your decking regularly, removing any dirt, leaves and moss that have accumulated on the wood in between the deep cleans.
- Try to clean any bird dropping and stains as soon as you notice them, with a weak all-purpose cleaner.
- Try not to place plant pots directly on the wood as this causes water marks over time.
- Try to give your decking a deep clean at least once a year, scrub with a stiff broom and decking cleaner making sure you get right in the grooves and then thoroughly hose down.
- You should re-stain your decking once a year too and just after a deep clean would be the perfect time. Make sure it is completely clean, stripped and sanded down beforehand. Try to use oil-based products that soak into and protect the wood